Making the right sourcing decision is critical to success and at SSG Advisory we have experts across the entire sourcing spectrum and lifecycle, including:
- Sourcing and procurement appraisals
- Sourcing programme and project support
- Shared services, feasibility, design and implementation
- Predictive cost modelling
- Development of specifications (requirements and output based)
- Partner evaluation and selection
- Contract negotiation and finalisation
- SLA and payment mechanism development
- Dispute resolution, arbitration and mediation.
Our experts have procured over £4bn of IT and BPO contracts.
- We worked with a London borough on the re-procurement of a fully managed IT service to support all its core functions. We have provided assistance to the Council alongside its internal team and external legal and financial advisors to develop the procurement architecture and to define its strategic and operational requirements to support the procurement under the competitive dialogue procedure.
- We worked with a private sector company to outsource its IT to a provider capable of delivering the scope and performance of an IT service to support a highly mobile workforce with non-traditional support requirements in relation to working hours and resolution response time. This contract replaced a previous contract which was failing to perform to the required standards and was adversely affecting the business.
- We worked with a Police force on the second generation outsourcing of its IT services including command/control, telephony, networking, administrative system support and end-user support. This procurement under the competitive dialogue procedure is based on SIAM (service integration and management) principles and has resulted in the appointment of a key supplier who will deliver specific service towers and act as the managing agent for the delivery of other service towers under a unified SLA.
Clich here for an overview of our sourcing lifecycle framework. Please note that before embarking on a potential sourcing project there are a number of strategic consideration which must be evaluated including overall market attractiveness, ROI for a service provider and the alignment of requirements and constraints. We seek to discuss these with our client prior to engagement. Outsourcing is not always the optimal option, but it should be considered and evaluated properly.